How a Case Begins
Code enforcement cases can begin in a number of different ways; most commonly, a complaint is called in by a citizen. Complaints may remain anonymous. To call in a complaint, please call (850) 648-5700. Residents may also fill out a complaint form
The investigation of a case can vary depending upon the nature of the violation or a number of variables; however the general process of code enforcement is as follows:
- A complaint is received by the department.
- An inspection is performed to verify that a violation exists on the property.
- The resident and / or property owner is then notified that a violation(s) exists and is given a reasonable period of time in which to correct the violation(s).
- A follow-up inspection is performed to verify that the violation(s) has been corrected.
- If compliance is not voluntarily achieved within allotted time frame, a formal notice of violation will be issued stating a reasonable amount of time for the violation(s) to be corrected.
- If the violation(s) is not corrected by this time, a fine will be issued.
For further information please call the department at (850) 648-5700.