The Mexico Beach Civic Center is located at 105 N. 31st Street and is available for use by the citizens of Mexico Beach.
For answers to questions or for more information, contact the office of the City Clerk.
§ 33.14 CIVIC CENTER RENTAL FEE.
(A) Fee schedule.
(1) Civic Center.
(a) Recurring weekly events open to the public (ex: any group that meets at a set time every week and anyone is welcome to attend.) will be charged a deposit of $100.
(b) Mexico Beach city meetings (ex: City Council, MBARA, CDC, special events committee, etc.) will be exempt from any fee.
(c) Private special events (ex: wedding, baby shower, etc.) will be charged $150 for events lasting less than two hours, to include set up and take down, and $300 per day for any events lasting longer than two hours. These rates include a $100 refundable deposit upon returning the key, and building inspection.
(B) Rental process.
(1) Applications for use and fee payment can be made at City Hall from 7:30 am-4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
(2) Payment options include money order, cash , credit card or check.
(3) City Hall will maintain a calendar and reconcile collections.
(4) A separate account will be established to track revenue and costs of the program.
(5) All individuals, group or organizations must fill out a Civic Center application form.
(1) All revenue from the collection of rental fees will be restricted to on-going maintenance and improvements to the building, including costs associated with the permitting process.
(D) Requirements for rental of building.
(1) No alcohol will be permitted or served in or around the Civic Center unless the renter obtains general liability insurance satisfactory to the city including coverage for liquor liability with limits not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and aggregate combined single limit covering personal injury, bodily injury and property damage. Such policy shall name the city as an additional insured. This insurance requirement may be satisfied with a special event policy or an ongoing policy so long as the policy will cover the event at the Civic Center. Evidence of such insurance must be provided to the city for review and approval no later than seven days prior to the scheduled event. The city reserves the right to deny the renter's request to serve alcohol based on unsatisfactory insurance coverage, such as due to objectionable exclusions from coverage. In addition, no alcohol may be sold at the Civic Center unless the renter has complied with applicable State licensing requirements.
(2) Deposits will be used to pay for any damages done to the facility, to include cleaning.
(3) Any and all keys must be returned after every event, including for recurring events.
(4) Keys or access codes will not be issued until the day of the event or Friday before a weekend event, unless prior arrangements are made with City Hall.
(5) No individual or group may store anything inside the building at any time, anything left will be discarded.
(6) Damage done to the building exceeding the deposit will be charged to the last renter.
(7) The Council should review the fee after twelve full months of operation in order to evaluate the fee schedule and any other amendments necessary for best management of the Civic Center.
Anyone who brings alcohol into the building without obtaining the proper liability insurance, will be removed from the building immediately, forfeit their deposit and lose all rental privileges for one year.